Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Blues :*)

A depressing sunday peered with gloomy prospects. I listened to the upbeat vocals of "Sunday morning", a song which cajolingly stirred the emptiness I was feeling, ear-plugs blocking any semblance of noise from the outside world.

"Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin..."


I was at the neighbourhood ATM. Heavy-lidded, I was jerking awake abruptly. Eyes burning, I fought the urge to give in and punched in the keys. Wrong combination. Fretfully awake now, I made the right entry this time.

"But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do..."

Money launderers plotted schemes aplenty and always seemed to corner me when I wanted to own the prettiest white pair of sandals at the shoe store. I had set my sights on Aldo this time. (Sigh)
I intended on spending right, my ten days worth of pay.

I grinded my nails against the counter and swiftly pocketed the crisp, green wad of notes the teller-machine spat. Each note had a picture of a baldie-face with owlish spectacles. I didn't appreciate him, the father of a dead nation.

To me, dead was not just a word - it signified the detoriation of the rupee in the foreign exchange scenario! Another strike had taken the nation by storm the day before yesterday.

I drove to the house with an off-white paint and starkly green highlights. I walked in the room and drew the blinds to my personal space. This was my psychedelic shack. The place to be when sundays get harder and harder to kill.

Two hours gone by... Robin Hood, a Russel Crowe starrer wasn't all that bad I thought, as I bemusedly snapped the laptop lid shut. I wondered if it was worth the while. Maybe not, but it was almost evening and another sunday had almost passed-by, wiithout any real acclaim...

"Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave..."

2 comments:

  1. Nice one . . . As for the father of the nation part, I may have a blogpost to add soon. .

    ReplyDelete