Sunday, November 27, 2011

Souvenir of the Wave...!!

Swoooosh.... And again, swoosh.
The waves slapped against the bed-rock and the moon, now bigger, adorned the night sky like a pretty jewel. The pearly egrets and the sea-gulls with sagging beaks dotted the shadows behind the silhouette of a coconut tree. A fresh, earthy aroma of sea salt and a spray of mist, from the waters gave me a heady feeling.
I stood on the break-water's edge and watched the play of the sea and sand. The sand seemed to be fighting to stay yet the sea would pull it ashore with the washing tide.
I was knee-deep in cold, with the sinking, eternal feeling of being lost.
This was the place to be, when I needed to unwind or just clear my head. I walked along the shore-line and watched several thousands of mini-sea shells all strewn in the wake of the moonlight...

This is an unfinished-bit-of-something I had written, seeking to express some distant memory by means of allegory and the sea. The sea, its vastness, the sense of freedom and the inspiration that it gives us...

No comments:

Post a Comment