Friday, December 30, 2011

Memorabilia "2011"

As the 2012-bells chime the beginning of another fresh start, I look down the memory lane...

This year has been a very memorable one, from the one prior to it and before. I will reminisce the time lived with great compassion and wist, like a mother dog licks her new born pups. I am equating it to that degree of memorabilia because of many opportunities, which were rarely missed or pursued with a winning streak, like that of a great race horse and triumphant cheers to the finish line.

November was a beautiful month, saving the weather and the over-zealous swarm of gladiators preparing to fight in an open arena. And they had me down by the knees, wondering on my twist of fate, but then again, destiny is a sly old bitch who f***s you in the face with an innocent expression. It all happens when you're caught devouring from a jar of cookies which probably, wasn't destined to be yours for the taking.

January was a month of settlement...to come to terms with the past. It brought about the flowering of a new bud, something like experiencing a world flower in a grain of sand. Come march, my birthday was rather special, spent at someone's wedding and appeasing those who didn't matter to me. Back then, I should have heeded the warning bells and felt the wet, brown kelp sliding through my fingers, slipping out of control.

At a time when it poured blood not rain, and bombshells were the symphony of the orchestra, I was rescued from the throes and brought to a safer land. Having grown in a defined new space, I got in touch with myself. Now that the safe haven where I had once run to be free of the chained devils is no more, I have sought the light and a way to carve a path for myself.

I would offer prayers and thank the Almighty, Allah to bestow upon me his mercy and blessings, and to watch over me as I sleep. And to shape my thoughts and dreams...haunting me no more with phobias and nightmares. Fearless. And to overcome the obstacles He chooses to sow in my way, as I move forward.

On a happier note, I propose cheers to the end of a chapter... And the beginning of a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment