Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Scarlet Letter


Dear "Scarlet"

I am beginning to think, you're so my color! I was wrong to choose black over you in earnest. You're soo RED.... the hue of my lips when I bite them too much. You're the soul and color of love, the very expression of pain, passion and blood! Whoever chooses to undermine you and avoid you in their wardrobe is most definitely nuts... But I know where you're getting at, why am I writing this, eh?

I went shopping today and all that caught my eye was most definitely you... The warmth of you drew me like a moth to a flame. Eid is coming up on the 20th, and it's gonna be so nice then! I picked up up a pair of 1.5-inch heels, also red. And my outfit is deep red, a silky-satin flowing dress with caramel, olive green and grey embroidery at the bodice and at the hem of the anarkali churidar. It looks elegant, and I can hear the tiny murmur of netted embroidery and satin rubbing against each other, with the fall of gravity.

Apart from it, I brought a banarasi silk dress for which I have got great plans!
Golden embroidery over a red base and a plain salwar...and the border around the chunari makes it look classic, but not simply-old fashioned. It delights me... you're tailor-made to fit me! The only thing I regret is that I couldn't have done mom's eid shopping as well. I guess that's just for another time, another day.

Love
xxx

2 comments: