Friday, August 10, 2012

The Evil Pill

I feel like I have been to the other side of hell and back. Firstly, the ghastly weather and occasional out-pours have done everything to curb my spirit in both body and soul. I've been sickly. The bad timing could have led to something amiss. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it could've been my early demise. I was close to being run-over by a boisterous van with a rather stoned driver at the wheel, yesterday.

I medicated myself to an antibiotic and paracetamol. But before doing that, I first consulted mom who's a fully-fledged doc in the Middle East. The third pill onwards, I couldn't help but feel lethargic. I did observe fast despite being ill, I had woken up at 4 a.m. to consummate the saheri, without which fasting is simply void. And after the iftaar (which means 'break-fast' in rapid Arabic), I visited the local doctor who suggested me to discontinue the antibiotic, as they'd evoked diarrhea-like symptoms.

Erythromycin stearate (popularly available in doses of 500 mg), is a mild-antibiotic that has proved to be my undoing. I medicated myself under the notion that it could be the end of my worries. It cost me a day's worth of peace. Antibiotics are serious and messing with them is no hoopla indeed.

Apart from facing attitude and upsets every now and then, I couldn't care any less about it (oh yeah, a nincompoop still owes me a grand), the past week had me on the brighter side of town. And with caution in mind, I've explored whole new sides to people whom I had desisted earlier on. It's just the loyalty of buddies that has made it worth the while to me.

3 comments:

  1. I know its very difficult to maintain yo fasting and daily routine. But when yo best buddies are with u, the tym passes in seconds....:)And its not advised to take medicines in empty stomach...So take care..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. take care zohra! hope to see a cheerful post next tym :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ain't that bad ya know! I wouldn't have written it if I'd known that it would sound so morose. But thanks. :) :)

    ReplyDelete