Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Freedom

It’s the end of yet another academic year and with it comes the countdown to the 7th semester. Another year to go and whoa, it doesn't seem like much to me! The days will pass by like a wave, with smooth sailing and a bit of wind and jolty-currents here and about. Like a blissful sail towards a destination, rather like chasing dreams, realizations will strike us as we hand-in each test paper and snore through boring class hours with usual disdain, forgetting to yet live in the moments.


I was yet again reminded of the things we take for granted, our pocket-money for instance. Within a year, most of us will venture out of the protective embrace of our parents who have been providing for us, so that we can take control of our lives and hold our own in tough situations. Personally, I feel like a lab rat that has not yet seen the light of day since the beginning of evolution. In short, I couldn't be more excited. I am raring to go, to fly past the humdrum of impatient ‘schooling’ and this naïve, oh-my-I'm-still-a-student phase.




"He who loves, flies, runs, and rejoices; he is free and nothing holds him back."
~Henri Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment