Monday, July 23, 2012

Wedding Bells...

Initially tempered with mixed feelings and speculation, I was looking forward to a dull weekend but little did I know that my aunt was getting married. :-P She's like my cousin in every other way, except for the way we're related to one another.

It had turned out to be a elegant affair, grandeur and simplicity in each and every aspect of it. A few things were rather hush-hush, done in a hurry but that's because of the lack of time that had been available for the preparations. It was a simple nikah with the closest few family members having been present.

I wore an emerald-green anarkali churidar with shimmery golden sleeves and a delicate embroidery to it. But my attire was nothing compared to the bride's resplendent ghagra-choli. The dress was a pastel shade of blue and decked with pearls and crystals every inch of way. She glowed when she put it on, and it complimented her skin-tone perfectly.

Will update more shortly.

2 comments:

  1. You know the emerald chudidar was very elegant, the color looked stronger than the brides dress.

    ReplyDelete