Monday, March 26, 2012

Turning 21

I was annoyed as i looked back at an inconsequential (or more rather, a shitty day) ...

A distinct cranky feeling arose from a bored nap in the library. The setting sun was a blinding gleam in the sky, and a sudden tide of dizziness and heat chafed me further. Slowly, I slipped into a cancerous crab-like shell of unspoken words and suppressed actions.

I had gotten red streaks in my hair and people told me it looked Sex-ay! I was enthused with compliments, but now I'd tied it into a messy pony-tail which defied the earlier perfectionism. I walked out of the library with an expression on my face as if someone had salted my tea, and poured it down my throat!  

Half an hour later, when I was almost about to reach home... I waited along the side walk - I'd run out of fuel to rev up the engine farther, to get closer to home.

I was dejected with mostly everything in sight, it was a primal instinct. From the muddy fur on my dog's back to the very roots of my hair, I was pissed, quite inwardly. The earliness or the lateness of it didn't bother me, what mattered more was how I'd exorcise a bleeding temper (my own) or make something of it.... turning 21 years old, is a hard game to live for a cynic!

No comments:

Post a Comment