Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Fountain of Youth

Its been a joy-ride, a week filled with love, humor and sadness, all-in-one. I wonder at the time and the indomitable spirit to which it has brought me. Fate plays tricks indeed, when our wants are met with divine intervention and a hand that is mightier than ours, I am thankful.

I have been feasting, it could be the wonderful aroma of the cream and mushroom soup that I just made. Or it could be the "me-time" that I enjoy as much as family. It could also be the thrills and laughter at barbecues, or playing dress-up with cousins. Cutting birthday cakes and sloshing faces with whipped cream, which is again, ah so sweet.

Shopping is another entreaty, a reason to make the past few weeks even more memorable, going at it till dusk is yet another marvel. Quoting the adage, "Shop till you drop".

Or it could be the coffee that brews under slow boil and an enchanting spell as we share hour-long conversations, catching up on all things petty and magical. And then stooping for laughs as we see that old monkey by the road evading passers-by, wearing paisleys and a magician's top-hat.

Its a golden age, that's what I have been told. I don't ever want it to end. An aunt described it to me as the beginnings of a fire and likened it to the beauty of a flower when it has just begun to blossom. Its the fountain of youth, indeed.

"Youth is a beautiful dream, on whose brightness books shed a blinding dust. Will ever the day come when the wise link the joy of knowledge to youth's dream?... Too slow is our march toward spiritual elevation, because we make so little use of youth's ardor."
~ Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment