Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Whistle

Its another holiday, the 1st of May.... and I'm hooked to the new Flo Rida track, "whistle". Its so upbeat and lively that I've been listening to it on repeat for an hour. I did download a version of the song on the net which didn't live up to the quality of the original soundtrack. I guess I'd have to wait till better ones are out in the market. The lyrics of the song are explicit in the sexual sense but irrespective of that, I liked the song's command over the senses. And hats off to great music.
Loved it. :D

Flo Rida's thick, manly Black drawl going,
"Can you blow my whistle baby whistle baby
Let me know...."


The new installment from Coldplay, "Mylo Xyloto" (their move into the pop genre) - maybe that's why they ended up with such a weird name for their album. [Note: it released way back in 2011.] I loved Paradise, Charlie Brown, Princess of China and some of the other tracks.

Coming to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, a recent hit is "the Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie". The music is somber but not sad, and by the sounds of it, it's been sung in a patronizing tone, LOL. For those of you who'd protest, that's what makes it so different from the rest of the music out there. Its a good song yet the beats aren't soothing, a damper if you're not in the mood for it.

Another song I love is "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Kimbra. The video is very artsy, the nude man represents his own mental state (of oblivion). There is simplicity in the video, the colors used makes it brightly visual, depicting an emotional moment between the estranged guy and the girl who dumps him, quite inconsiderately.



Lights out ... aaaand there's another power cut. Till the next time then, ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment