Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another Lazy Tuesday...

Today was another one of those mediocre days when you return home and blame the sultry heat, for putting you in a heavy slumber. Tick-tock, tick-tock. Chiming the stillness of time, as it sped up, slowed and stood still for brief moments and sped up my heartbeat for an eternity.

Another semester had approached at last. I was yet on "Page 1", a fresh scroll of parchment. With a feathered quill dipped in aquamarine bright blue ink, I gaily spotted a dot on the left-most margin of the page, where I was about to write another one of my philosophical Odyssey's.

My journey aka. voyage through student years has been insanely wild, having had a taste of everything, from dangerous water-sports to wild grass and escapades to places I had never been to before.

With a bit of remorse, sweet memoirs and hopeful curiosity, I dream of an other future - a promising one and probably more distant than the last, richer perspectives, of going places and scaling heights. I forever dream of longevity and stability in successes, from personal relationships to the sweet succor that a healthy profession brings to it.

SOP (the Statement of Purpose) is such a Gargantuan-three-lettered abbreviation, something to get scared of. I don't know where to start with, given my writer's block. One may call it absurd, seeing as I am better at putting down feelings on inanimate objects with just the right set of words. Aspirations at a new university is altogether a different one to write on, and to successfully charm the admissions officer. I would start by writing a mound of gibberish, and the reader would be "trolled". Yeah, I'd actually do that. LOL. 

On a serious note, I'd include a bit of light-hearted humor which would hopefully set me apart from the thousands of other aspiring students. Its all a play of words, a rhyme, a rollick. A play in the sand but it has to be Just the Right one.

Let's see how it goes, shall keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment